PULPO CON CHISTORRA
This recipe is the perfect light and fresh summer dish for that summer evening dinner party. Using delicious fresh Octopus and British garden peas, bringing together the best combination of texture and flavour. If you have a BBQ, why not cook the octopus on the BBQ before finishing in the grill with the chorizo. This dish is also available for a limited time in restaurant at Brindisa, so drop in today for your longstanding favourite tapas such as croquettes, octopus and Leon chorizo alongside new, seasonal summer dishes like this on their menu.
For the peas:
- Gentle heat the garlic, onion and oil in a frying pan, once soft add your garden peas. Once brought up to temperature, are the peas have softened, remove from the heat.
- Once the mixture has been removed from the heat, add the lemon zest and juice, chopped mint and salt to season.
For the octopus:
- Cut the chorizo into small pieces and octopus into portions
- Rub the olive oil over the octopus, giving it a gentle coating.
- Then combine with the chorizo and grill for about 10-15 minutes.
- As the octopus is cooking, gently re-heat the peas, be careful not to bring to the boil.
- Pour peas into bowl and top with the octopus and chistorra chorizo. Finish with some ripped mint, oil and salt.
For 30 years, Brindisa is the Home of Spanish Food in the UK. Our menu is created with the finest ingredients from all across Spain and it’s islands. Seasonal tapas and bar snacks sit alongside a line-up of artisanal plates from our devoted cured food counter offering you meats, cheeses, and fish, reminiscent of the markets stalls of Spain.
- Preparation time:
- 15 min
- Cooking time:
- 30 min
- Serves: 2
For the Octopus
5ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
50g Alejandro Chistorra, (Thin Cooking Chorizo)
Handful of mint
Salt to season
For the peas (makes 1kg, reduce accordingly)
1kg garden peas, podded
Handful of mint, chopped
2 lemons, zested and juiced
small onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
150ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt to season
A traditional flavour of marked bitterness and refreshing aftertaste.
Available from: Waitrose, Majestic, Sainsburys, Co-op and Greene King online.