Roasted leg of pork with new potatoes
The perfect combination of fresh British produce with delicious Spanish flavours.
- 1. First marinate the pork with chopped onion, rosemary, 10ml olive oil and garlic for 6 hours, covered in the fridge after which boil in a pot of salted water for 2 hours on a low heat.
2. Before the pork comes out the water boil the new potatoes in a pot of boiling water with a pinch of salt until tender. (Tip: you can use the water from the pork legs which will give your potatoes an extra hit of flavour).
3. After cooking the pork, roast in the oven 200 degrees for 40 minutes until the skin is crispy and golden.
4. Cut the chorizo in small dices and fry on a medium heat ensuring the chorizo’s oil slowly renders
5. Clean the a few baby turnips and dress in a little oil and white wine vinegar.
6. To plate, slice the new potatoes and place on the bottom before adding slices of the roasted pork leg along with the slices of chorizo. Garnish with paprika, salt and the chorizo oil from the pan.
For 30 years, Brindisa is the Home of Spanish Food in the UK. Our menu is created with the finest ingredients from all across Spain and it’s islands. Seasonal tapas and bar snacks sit alongside a line-up of artisanal plates from our devoted cured food counter offering you meats, cheeses, and fish, reminiscent of the markets stalls of Spain.
- Preparation time:
- 35 min
- Cooking time:
- 1.5 hours
- Serves: 2
250g pork leg on the bone
120g new potatoes
40g hot cooking chorizo
6 pieces of baby turnips
1 small spring of rosemary
A pinch of sweet paprika
15ml olive oil
1 clove of garlic
Estrella Galicia 1906 Reserva Especial
An elegant and perfectly balanced lager.
Available from Wholefoods.