Tarragon Cake & Mascarpone Cream
Now this is what we call a Christmas dessert, this delicious light cake has a fantastic aniseed flavour which is complemented perfectly by the creamy mascarpone cream. This dessert pairs really well with an Estrella Galicia lager. Currently on the menu at Sabor, this recipe brings a slice of Michelin-starred Sabor into your home this Christmas.
FOR THE TARRAGON CAKE:
- Pick the tarragon from the main stem.
- Add the sugar and tarragon to your blender and blend all ingredients for a minute.
- In a mixing bowl, using a mixer mix together the eggs, Greek yoghurt, sunflower oil and tarragon & sugar mix.
- Sieve the plain flour and the baking powder on top and beat until smooth. Then spoon into the tin and bake it in the oven at 160ºC for 25 minutes.
Tip: To make sure that your cake is cooked stick a toothpick inside the cake, if the toothpick is clean after taking it out your cake is cooked.
FOR THE MASCARPONE CREAM:
- Whisk the sugar and the double cream until smooth.
- Add the mascarpone cream and whisk until smooth.
- Finally add the bourbon and whisk again until you obtain a smooth cream.
Slice the Tarragon cake into generous slices and serve with a spoon of mascarpone cream.
Discover Sabor on the tucked away Heddon Street, just one of Regent Street’s foodie enclaves. Journey up the spiral staircase to the first floor El Asador at Sabor, sit on large communal tables overlooking the open kitchen, and enjoy a different Spanish dining experience from The Counter at Sabor on the ground floor. With specialities from the Galicia and Castile regions, dishes are cooked in the traditional wood fired oven, or ‘asador’, sourced from Castile, or large copper pans brought to London especially from Galicia.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
FOR THE TARRAGON CAKE
• 2 bunches of tarragon
• 575g caster sugar
• 450g plain flour
• 22g baking powder
• 390g Greek yoghurt
• 270ml sunflower oil
• 3 whole eggs
FOR THE MASCARPONE CREAM
• 170 ml double cream
• 50g caster sugar
• 220g mascarpone cheese
• 20ml bourbon
You will also need 25x15cm cake tin
Estrella Galicia Larger
A traditional flavour of marked bitterness and refreshing aftertaste.
Available from: Waitrose, Majestic, Co-op and Greene King online.